Wednesday 9 January 2013

Jan 9th

Quick seawatch from the Corton benches produced a couple of patch yearticks in the form of 2 Great crested Grebe on sea and 2 Guillemot north. 30 Red throated Divers flew north along with one Gannet, c.20 Wigeon and c.40 Teal. 2 Kittiwake were lingering around a boat. My patch is overwhelmingly an autumn venue so I dont expect to compete well until autumn ends. It also relies heavily on birds passing offshore as I have no real wader habitat etc. I also miss marshland birds like Water Rail, Cettis warbler and Bearded Tit etc which Rob will get easily. However its the 12 pointers im after, and this site can be as good as any on mainland for those given the right conditions, the only chance I have of competing highly points wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment