Wednesday 10 April 2013

April 10th

News broke of the White tailed Eagle having just flown north over Benacre around midday. I decided to try from Corton after deciding it was too late to get down to Kessingland and after its speed had fooled me at Breydon the previous week. While scanning I heard an unusual noise coming from a bird flying in from the south over my head, a soft whistling fluty yodel. I had suspicions as to what it was, confirmed when I got bins on it and it was clearly a Woodlark with short tail easily noted. My first for Corton and only my second in the Lizard area (after a singing bird at Ashby way back.) It continued on north steadily, still calling. They really do sound nothing like Skylarks and when calling are easily identifiable. No sign of the WTE tho but a new tweet saying it was still at Benacre had me racing to try my luck from the viewpoint overlooking Kessingland levels. No sign tho in a 3 hr search..this bird is really beggining to piss me off... Chiffchaff only bird of note at the sewage works. Yesterday a fine male Stonechat was present at Corton new sewage works, a handy patch yeartick bringing the total to date onto 110 sp 130 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment